Thursday, October 1, 2015

friends.

friends. 

In the last couple of months I have learned a lot about what a true friend is...and how important it is to have friends in your life. I don't know if I cherish my friends enough or express enough gratitude for them. It is pretty rare to find those that love you completely for you..who understand all of your corks and still stick around ;) It is especially rare to find a friend that will go out of their way to care for you in those times of need... that is when you know you are very lucky. 

That's simply it. I feel extremely lucky to have the friends that I do. I live in a place where I am surrounded with them and get the chance to have encounters with them everyday. I get to laugh, open up, and just be me...the good and the bad..and I forget what a blessing that is. You never really realize the magnitude of that blessing until you are far away from those friends and don't have them in your day to day. 

It is not always easy to let people help you. When you are going through something really hard it is easy to push people away...it's not always easy to be vulnerable or honest...to let others see that you are weak and are in need of a hand. I have always wanted to be that person that helps other people..my friends. I didn't want to be the one that needed the help... but lately my friends have proven to me that God sends us earthly angels. I know this is clique, but I really don't know where I would be without them. Friendship, loyalty, and selflessness have taken on a whole new meaning for me because of these angels... and the amount of people that have gone above and beyond to help me has been incredible. 

Sometimes it is good to just take a step back and look at all of the good people in your life. I love those moments that remind you of how caring people can be & how we were really sent here to help one another. I'm so grateful for the people in my life that haven't given up on me and have taught me what it means to truly love someone. We have been blessed with that incredible ability to love people and I think that human existence seems to make a little bit more sense when you see someone struggling that you have the opportunity to help. I'm grateful for the moments that remind us that we all have struggles and that we can't do it without one another.

So I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you to the angels in my life that have lifted me up and have made me strong. For loving me through the good and the bad and for showing me constant support. I don't realize the impact you have in my life until I go through something really hard, and I need to tell you all more how much I appreciate you. 

Maybe we could all try to be a little bit better friends. To tell our friends how great they are and all of the amazing qualities they possess. Look out for your friends and try to be a little more aware... I think we all have those moments in our lives where we feel crazy and out of place, and we need our friends to remind us that we are great the way we are and that we are doing a good job. No one has their crap figured out... haha... and I think that is what makes life such an incredible journey. So not only try to help your friends, but let your friends help you:) 

i love my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment