Monday, September 1, 2014

what keeps me going.

Today I stand at 5' 6" & weigh 125 pounds. My thighs touch, my skin and my hair are no longer dry and brittle, and I probably eat way too many sweets! ...(and drink too much diet coke) :) I can't say that I am completely satisfied with my body, but I have embraced it and have found a way to love it. I probably still judge it too hard at times, but who doesn't... I am now able to eat things I never thought I could again and be okay with it. Each day is a stepping stone though and I still have to incorporate certain things to keep me going up and on the right track. Maybe some of these can help you too....they are small and simple, but simplicity just might be the answer. 

1. Work Out 
Even though I used to be a work out addict, I have been able to change things up and incorporate exercise in a healthy way. I am now at a healthy weight, and I try to get in some form of exercise almost everyday to keep that consistent. Sweating it out helps boost my mood and keeps me happy and productive. It's not about losing those pounds anymore, it's just about feeling good! Find different ways to get in your exercise like tennis or a dance class and keep your body happy. 

2. Eat Healthy
Ever since my disorder, I have slowly been able to eat more sweets and feel okay about it, but I still try to eat healthy. Eating healthy keeps me in tune with my body and keeps my mind alert and happy. I have more energy and I am able to get the things done that I need to throughout the day. Some of the nutritional value I try to include are: 
-LOTS of fruits and veggies. 
grab an apple or some carrots for an on the go snack.  
-Green smoothies.
my favorite is a handful of spinach, 1 banana, 1/2 cup of granola, 1 T of peanut butter, almond milk, and ice. yum. After a work out I will usually add 1 T of protein powder too. This is great for breakfast! 
-Grilled chicken and a variety of veggies. 
pull out your George Forman Grill & your veggie steamer for dinner. 

I just try to eat at least 2-3 fruits and 2-3 vegetables a day. Whether in a salad or as a snack, there are a lot of ways to make healthy choices and leave your body happy. 

3. Call Mom 
My mom is my go to. Whether I am needing a pick me up, needing to tell someone about something exciting, or just wanting to talk, she is the one I go to. Keep the ones you love close by you and use them for support. A phone call with a family member or a good friend gives me that breath of fresh air that I need to keep me going. So surround yourself with happy and uplifting people! 

4. Write 
Whether it's writing out my schedule for the day or writing in my journal, writing keeps me sane. It is the best way for me to stay on track and relieve stress. Make small and simple goals--daily, weekly, and monthly--and start writing in a journal! It can be a huge help. 

5. Take Care of You
Make sure that you are incorporating those little things that you love and that make you happy. Life can get super busy and stressful, but you have to take care of yourself! Make time for yourself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment