Saturday, October 4, 2014

Staying Positive.

Sometimes this can be the hardest thing to do. Stay Positive. When life seems to be throwing things at you left and right and you can't escape that negative aspect, staying positive is almost impossible. People always say to get rid of that negativity and poison in your life, but what if it is one that you can't get away from? What do you do then to stay positive and keep pushing forward?

..Lately I have been feeling this way. For whatever reason, life is throwing me curve balls and I can't seem to get away from those negative things in my life. That negativity that won't leave my brain alone and makes me feel so small and weak. I hate it! ... I am overall a positive and happy person and I don't like feeling down and negative. I am constantly telling myself to be positive, but it seems that when I am starting to slowly get back up, I get knocked right back down. It is so hard to constantly stay motivated and keep telling myself to push forward... especially when I'm not feeling valued for those specifics I am working so hard at. It seems like more than usual I am feeling defeated and want to throw in the towel. This could be your similar case at work, on a team, at home..wherever! How is it that we block out that negativity and keep smiling?

I'm not sure if I have all of the right answers, but I have a few suggestions that may help you and me. This is a battle that I am trying to work on everyday.. and with these tips and a lot of hard work.. I think we will both see some changes.

1. Pray. You may not be religious, but praying and talking to a higher power, or whatever you believe in, could really help! I pray everyday for the things I need help with.... I pray for strength and confidence and a soft heart... I pray to love those people that really get to me.

2. Read a self-help book. I am all about self-help books! I am currently reading The Fearless Mind by Craig Manning and it is really helping! These books help you analyze your life and make changes to gain more happiness and control. I won't give away Craig's book... but you definitely need to read it! I also recommend The Happiness Project-Gretchin Rubin and The Power of Now-Eckhart Tolle.

3. Talk it out. Whether it's with a family member, friends, or a psychologist, talking things out with someone can be very beneficial. Go to someone you trust with problems you are having and let them help you. Getting things off of your chest, crying, and gaining some advice can help you solve problems and keep you going.

4. Write down positive things. Craig Manning talks about the benefits of writing things down. At the end of your day, write down 3 positive things you did--either at work, on your team, at school, with your kids--whatever it may be! ...and 1 thing that you can work on. Not something you did wrong or a negative thing, but just something that you can work at and improve on. See if the positivity makes a difference! Those negative thoughts are so poisonous and we want to get rid of them. I also think that writing down things you are grateful for that day & things that you like about yourself can be beneficial. Try it. Along with the positives and something to work on, write down 5 things you are grateful for everyday, and 5 things you like about yourself.

5. Surround yourself with positive people. As much as you can, try and surround yourself with positive people who love you and make you feel good. Like I mentioned before, in some cases this is not always possible to choose who you are surrounded by, but you can choose how you react to it and how you let it affect you. Your life is not measured by how people view you! Don't ever let someone tell you you aren't pretty enough or good enough... you can't control what people say or think of you, but you CAN control you. Just keep working hard and being the best you can be and make sure you make time for those positive people in your life.

6. Serve. Get out and serve people. "True happiness only comes from making other people happy".


Lets all work on staying positive this week! :) We got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment