Thursday, March 26, 2015

limits

I believe that you should never set limits for yourself or sell yourself short on what you are truly capable of. Like I have always said, you are stronger and more beautiful than you will ever know. Each one of us has something so genuine and significant to offer the world and I hope we can all get a glimpse of our own true potential someday. Break down that wall of limitations and fear and go for what you want! What is the worst thing that can happen? .. I recently read a BYU devotional that talked about failing. Each day we are probably going to fail in someway….but that does NOT make us failures. Failing and continuing to push forward is what growth looks like.
I recently went through a situation where I worked so hard on a particular trick for dance and when it came time to present this trick, I failed. I was so confused and frustrated because I had worked so long and hard at something that was very important to me, and in the end, I couldn't do it. That didn't make sense to me, and it took me a long time to figure out. I didn't want to continue to work hard at this particular task and I completely lost the motivation. It was too hard to get, and at this point, I found it pointless. I gave up and set a limit for myself, and I was frustrated and sad. I still don't know if I have the lesson from this situation all figured out, but I do know that if I would've thrown this particular trick that day, I would've gotten hurt. God helped me set a limit because I wasn't ready, and the outcome could've been much worse if I just decided to go for this difficult task. I had worked long and hard… but I needed more time… and I needed to be okay with the fact that I just simply couldn't do it. This can be such a hard thing to accept, and I don't want this to come off in the wrong way. I don't want anyone to give up, I guess just in particular situations, I want you to be able to accept your limits. This is not to say you shouldn't work hard and give things everything you've got, but when it comes down to your safety or your overall mental health, there is a time and a place to stop. We are not all super human, even though we would all love that. I hope that this doesn't contradict what I said in the beginning. I truly believe that with the help of The Lord we can get past any limitation or block we face… it may just take longer than we want. Be okay with failing though and know that you are not a failure because of it. We all have different gifts, capabilities, and time frames. Just close your eyes for a second, take a deep breath, and keep pushing forward. Things don't always make sense.. but God is there every step of the way & through every situation He is making your stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment