Monday, April 6, 2015

something greater.

This weekend I had the chance to hear from the prophets and apostles of my church. It amazes me how God sends these men to deliver the exact messages I need to hear… and how in tune they are with Him to do so. A few nights ago I was feeling especially down and discouraged, and I felt like my future was a fearful blur. I felt extremely lost and defeated in everything I had been trying to accomplish. It wasn't until this General LDS Conference started that I felt God scoop me up and give me a hug. I felt like so many talks were directed towards me & gave me so much hope. That is what this gospel offers. HOPE. 
"Doubt not. Fear not." 
…One of the talks that hit me the most was Elder Bednars about FEAR. It is OKAY to experience fear. Even Adam and Eve first experienced fear before realizing their true purpose. Fear is normal, however there is a difference between worldly fear and Godly fear. Worldly fear brings anxiety and self-defeat. Godly fear brings a sense of peace & comfort…even though not all of your questions are answered. 
The time is now to face your fears. God will not let you face these by yourself. "Doubt not. Fear not." 
Don't let the things that you don't completely understand take over the things you do! Never stop pressing forward and walking towards the light..even when you aren't sure if it is still there. God is there-- Elder Bednar just gave me a lot of peace and hope. I recommend reading all of the incredible talks on lds.org. 

…also… 

My heart has been full this Easter weekend. I have never taken into account the level of importance and significance of this holiday. It represents the most incredible event that encompasses the whole plan of happiness. Easter is a day to remember Christ's resurrection and the atonement. A day to remember all the way back to Adam and Eve and the creation of the Earth. Eater represents something beautiful and beyond our comprehension. Without Christ's resurrection and the whole process, we would not be here at this time and we would not be able to utilize the beautiful gift of the atonement. We wouldn't have the chance to learn and grow. The chance to experience all of the beauty and the fight to get back to Heavenly Father. 
you are special. God loves you more than you will ever know and He will never leave you. 
REMEMBER HIM and be a little bit more grateful for Easter. 



No comments:

Post a Comment