Sunday, April 19, 2015

moving forward.

welp… Cougarettes is officially done, and college graduation is just around the corner. You can probably guess that a lot has been on my mind! I have lived in Provo for nearly 6 years and have been blessed with great friends and opportunities. My heart is full when I think about my experiences here and how much I have grown. It is somewhat bittersweet moving on from something that has been so good to you and has really shaped you… but that excites me even more for what is to come! …
I have always been the type of girl who loves change and new adventures, but for some reason this one has been a little harder. I am comfortable here in Provo..I am happy and content with my life.. & graduating from college seems like a big, scary step into the real world (especially when you step out of the Provo bubble). I do know this though… it is time for that change. It's time to learn and grow from new surroundings and people and experience new things. I have become somewhat complacent with my life here and I know it's time to move on. I will be forever grateful for the beautiful people here in Provo that have touched my life and made me a better person. Without them I wouldn't have gained a stronger testimony of the gospel and I probably never would've ended up at BYU and dancing on the Cougarettes. Let me tell you… those girls are pure angels and they make you want to be better each and everyday. I want to take a fraction of what they gave me daily and give that to the rest of the world. That is my goal. To not look back and wish for this time in my life all over again… but to take everything from it and help spread what I have learned to everyone else. I want to spread the same love, kindness, and passion for life. So for that I say thank you provo:)

…. If you are starting to feel a little too comfortable and complacent in your life, maybe it's time for a little leap of faith and a change. It doesn't have to be anything big… a change doesn't require a big move out of state..it can be small and simple. always keep pushing forward & trying to find new ways to grow. Learn from new opportunities & people & don't be afraid of change. Embrace it. We will always hold on to beautiful memories and priceless moments---but know that there are far better ones to come.

"There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind" --C.S. Lewis

Cheers to a new adventure! I'm ready!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment