Tuesday, April 21, 2015

my favorite art form.

my heart is full when I think about the last 2 years & being apart of the BYU Cougarettes. Dance has always been a big part of my life, and through this beautiful art form, I have had some unforgettable opportunities. I can't leave the Cougs without bragging about each and every one of them and the angels they are. I don't know what it is about dancers, but you create this unexplainable connection when you not only are with each other everyday, but get to dance together and share something that is so special to you. I have had this experience on every dance company I've been apart of, but there was something about adding in the gospel at BYU that made the Cougarettes extra special.
…These girls will never know the impact they had on my life…it's hard to explain... but without them, my testimony and personal strength wouldn't have stayed as strong and intact. Each day I walked in and I was welcomed with smiles & hugs that immediately made me feel good. No matter what had happened that day, good or bad, my Cougs always made me feel that much better. We were a team & we knew what that meant… if one of us was struggling, we all struggled. There were days where I was feeling so low, and the last thing I wanted to do was go to practice… but when I did, my problems became a little lighter, and that to me is the presence of an angel. God knew I would need these girls…each and everyone of them for individual reasons. We laughed, we cried, we worked really really hard, and most of all, we made each other better. Never have I been on a team where every person exudes so much genuine love & compassion for others. I just truly feel so blessed that I was able to dance on a team for 2 years with some of the most amazing girls--inside and out-- thank you cougs. I hope you never forget how beautiful you are and how you have a special affect on sooo many people around you. You are a light in this world & I want everyone to witness that.
Thanks for teaching me to be brave.
Thanks for making my smile a little brighter & my laugh a little louder.
Thank you for sharing your incredible talents with me.
Dancers are some incredible artists that share so much more than just dance moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment