Sunday, November 23, 2014

A Weekly Reminder.


When trying to decide what to write about this week, 
THANKSGIVING 
is all that came to my mind. Lately I have been feeling a little bit off... not everyday, but often. I have been questioning where I am at, what I am doing, and what this life is all about. I tend to be one of those deeeeeep thinkers ;) & I think that these questions are regular and normal in everyone's lives. We grow up and realize that life decisions aren't as easy as we thought they would be and we wish that we could go back to our simple childhood. We all want to be happy and feel fulfilled, and we wonder if we are doing all that we can to accomplish that... and if we are, why are we not feeling that way? 
I know for me, I tend to over-think and analyze every little thing in my life. I am at that critical age where I am trying to decide where I want to go after college and what I want to do with the rest of my life. To be completely honest it all freaks me out...but I have noticed that these things freak me out even more when I am stressed, selfish, and lacking spiritually. 
My first suggestion... take life one day at a time. It is important to make goals and plan ahead, but thinking too much about it will add unnecessary stress. 
Put others first. 
If there is one thing I have learned in my short 23 years, it's that this life is all about other people. Putting others first and serving them will help you forget about your own problems and make them seem a lot less important. Serving, especially when it's not convenient, will help you see the true value of life and will help you find that happiness and fulfillment you seek. 
Laughter.
Those moments where we experience pure laughter are some of the most beautiful and pure. These are the small moments in life that make me realize how special this life is and how grateful I am for those experiences and people that make me laugh...hard. Surround yourself with those beautiful people that make you happy and can make you laugh. Get reminded of how good life is. 
Gratitude. 
I believe that the base of gratitude is humility and happiness. As you approach the Thanksgiving Holiday, make sure to have a special prayer in your heart to thank God for everything you have. Make a list of all of the things you are grateful for, big and small, and cherish the time you have with your family. 

All we can do is keep living each day the best we can and trying to be better. We are imperfect people and life isn't always easy, but even in those moments, there are still so many things we can be grateful for and angels that can help pick us up. It is okay to get mad about something going wrong in your life, it's normal to feel out of whack and feel low..these things are normal...but don't just let them sit with you for a long time. Get help and never forget that you are stronger than you think. Life is about being happy.. so if you aren't, maybe it is time to make a change. Change isn't always easy... but without change, we cannot progress. 

Happy Thanksgiving World.. now go eat a lot of turkey:) 


I'm giving thanks for  
good health
swig
love 
richie and his patience with me
heat 
my bed 
pure laughter 
my nieces and nephews pure spirits 
my home 
my friends & family 
leaders 
&
God and His love for me 

No comments:

Post a Comment