Thursday, August 7, 2014

my come back.


I didn't wake up one morning and magically everything was back to normal...my small miracle didn't happen in one day...although I hoped it would happen that way. It was a sequence of baby steps, incredible people, and like I mentioned before, a whole lot of prayers. 

After about a year of hitting the pavement, swimming, and biking, I decided to start dancing and auditioning again. I began dance training and competing at a young age and soon the dance studio became my home. This art form shaped me as a person and made me feel more alive than anything else. It wasn't until I was at an audition and saw the way my frail, skinny body effected my dancing, that I became completely crushed. In that moment I realized the seriousness of my disorder and how it had truly ruined every last thing in my life. A small something sparked in me that day. Im not sure what it was, but I knew I couldn't let this addiction take away the one thing that made sense to me.

I kept auditioning for things and trying to get back in the game, but I wasn't booking anything. I remember feeling so defeated, until finally a company took a chance on me. I auditioned for Expansion, directed by the beautiful Bonnie Story, and little did I know...it would be my miracle. 




No comments:

Post a Comment